What are we fighting over?
I simply do not know
You have me lost in thoughts
I'm tossing to and fro
Soon you will be gone
And you'll blame this all on me
What can I say or do
So the mistake we both can see
Why did you pick this fight
With me before you go?
I'm all alone and lost
But of this you do not know
If you don't say goodbye
Before you turn and leave.
What am I supposed to do
Except to cry and grieve?
I thought our friendship was special
I thought it meant a lot
If you felt the same way
Why are we stuck in this knot?
I don't like good-byes
But in this we have no choice
If you won't speak to me
the good-bye's will come from my voice
We've managed through other fights
But this one's not the same
I'm not having any fun,
And I want to stop this game.
I'm not good at writing
So I'll do my best with this
I have one last request
It is my goodbye wish
I wish that we were friends again
Before we say goodbye
Now that this is off my chest
I wait and sit and sigh
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment